Re: armor & weapons

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Dark Haven Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bbriegel on March 09, 19100 at 09:24:18:

In Reply to: armor & weapons posted by Bastardo on March 07, 19100 at 10:47:35:

: First off, one of the first hints you get is to not wear heavy armor... is "fine" armor lighter than regular armor (witness the trouble with homynymns... I've got fine chainmail and kind of assumed it weighed less... now not so sure).

: Also, I've got this magical dagger that I got in the Library Spire. It doesn't seem to do enough damage to justify using it over my fine longsword, but it's so expensive I'm leery of selling it. Same with the Flashing Gem and the Bags O' Sand. Can't see as they do anything. So, no spoilers necessary, Gasgorf Staff -- or veteran players, but please tell me this: is the magic dagger the key to some quest somewhere, or just a kick-ass weapon? And why does it cost so much? Who would use a magic dagger over, ahem, a fine longsword?

: Thanks,

: Ari (aka Gladiator Bastardo)
: ari@boltstaff.com

As far as I can tell the magical dagger is not an important part of the game. At one time I had two, and sold them both. Later I found a magical short sword. You will be able to purchase some magical items. As for the flashing gem, it attempts to blind the opponet. I have no idea what the bag of sand does, or for that matter the repulsive oil

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Dark Haven Forum ] [ FAQ ]