Stuck again -- hints?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Dark Haven Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Nick Tyrrell on May 12, 1999 at 00:40:42:

OK folks, I have progressed a good deal since my last post, and am now ranked #3 in the Arena. However, I've once again reached a point where I don't know what to do next.

I have taken the book of Manizil back to the Wizard, who now just keeps saying "I'm thinking about it -- come back later". I've been down in the sewers (more times than I can count!), opened three floodgates, found the Sewer man and defeated Ragman. I cannot open the secret door to the right just before Ragman's lair -- it tells me I can't figure it out right now. I have taken Sewer man round to everyone I can find, but he hasn't fingered them as the plague spreader.

Do I need more intelligence (currently 15) to open the secret door -- or if not, what? Is there a floodgate I have missed? Is there some other mission I have missed that holds the key to the sewer problem?

One other query -- I have so far only joined the Clerics guild, since this seems to offer all the training I could want (plus a very useful statue...:))and I haven't yet maxed out its facilities. I have solved the puzzle at the Paladin's guild and been offered membership of the Shadow guild, but so far have turned them down because I don't want to leave the holy boys. Is this a tactical error -- are there new things to find in the other guilds that will help me with my quest?

Thanks for any help you can offer

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Dark Haven Forum ] [ FAQ ]